Read This First:
The software for the Zeus ECM consists of five parts;
- The embedded software in the Zeus unit itself, commonly known as the ‘zbin’ (or .bin for v2 users)
- The Microsoft Windows .NET 4.0 Framework needed for ZeusTune
- The runtime engine for ZeusControl
- The user program ZeusControl
- The user program ZeusTune
First Time Installation
Steps one and two below only have to be done once, the first time you install ZeusTune and ZeusControl on your computer.
On the Installation page you will find the installers for the .NET 4.0 Framework, Zeus Initial Setup, and USB to Serial drivers.
- Download and run the .NET 4.0 installer. NOTE: If your computer already has .NET 4.0 or higher installed you may omit this step. This is needed for ZeusTune to run.
- Download and unzip Zeus_Initial_Setup.zip. Follow the instructions in the included readme.txt. This will install the runtime engine for ZeusControl.
- On the Files page, download and run ZeusSetup-x.x.x.exe. This will install the latest ZeusTune and ZeusControl.
- (Optional) If you are using a Zeus supplied USB to Serial converter, or any converter that uses the FTDI FT232R chip, follow the instructions below in the ‘USB to Serial converter installation’ section.
Zeus User Manual
In the Welcome To Zeus document you will find information on using ZeusTune and ZeusControl, useful theory on common rail tuning, and how to edit a bin/zbin and how to load the edited bin/zbin into your Zeus.
USB to Serial converter installation
! Warning, DO NOT follow the instructions below UNLESS you have a Zeus supplied USB to Serial converter, OR, you know, for sure, that you have a USB to Serial converter uses the FTDI FT232R chip !
If you are using a Zeus supplied USB to Serial converter, or any converter that uses the FTDI FT232R chip, download and run the USB to Serial drivers (file name CMD20824_Setup.exe) found on the ‘Installation’ page. After driver installation, follow the instructions in this file to configure your USB to Serial adapter. NOTE: You must configure your adapter or it will not function properly!
Zeus version 3
Unless your Zeus has been at the factory since 7-18-2012 you do not have version 3. The v3 upgrade requires (free) factory installation. As of 8/1/2013 only version 3 is supported. If you have not done so yet, it is recommended that you send your Zeus back to the factory for your free upgrade.
For more information as to what exactly version 3 is, please see the ‘Zeus version 3′ page.